globaledit Desktop automates uploads from your computer to your globaledit account - providing an easier upload experience.
Before installing, please confirm that your machine meets all of our minimum system requirements.
Some examples of how to use globaledit desktop in your workflow!
On Set (Set it and forget it!)
Ideal for users uploading on set, or on location.
- Techs Install globaledit desktop on work station
- Techs Login
- Set Hot Folder as Capture Output Folder
- (this can work for any kind of Export / Output destination, not specific to Capture One)
- Set globaledit Destination
- (admins should be assigning Library location to uploader prior to shoot - that way it appears as a settable destination)
- Ignore specific folders, filenames, or file extensions
- (ex. Capture, Capture One, Trash, .xmp)
- Whether there’s a shoot break to generate JPEGs or the photographer is tethered and actively outputting - globaledit desktop will be upload files to globaledit as they export to this local Output folder
Ideal for users on a shared network - looking to streamline their upload workflow to globaledit. Take some of the upload responsibility off your asset manager and make uploading effortless for coworkers, especially those not familiar with globaledit.
- Install globaledit desktop on a Network Computer and designate a shared folder as the Hot Folder
- Utilize an existing Folder directory already on your servers or create a Folder Structure within your set Hot Folder for different departments or relative subcategories
Ideally this is a folder that coworkers are already using and as they populate with content (as they normally would) they're also simultaneously uploading to globaledit. If you aware of file formats / folder names that should not be uploaded (ex. Fonts, Doc, .exif, etc) add these to the Ignore field.
- As team members drag and drop content into these folders, globaledit desktop will sync and upload to globaledit without these users ever having to log in online or manage their own globaledit desktop connection
- Once up in globaledit, content can be moved, removed, renamed, etc.
NOTE: This method will upload with the User ID of the login used to establish this connection. We recommend creating a generalized user login [globaledit desktop, Network 001, globaledit upload, etc.] so once in globaledit, you can identify that this was pushed to globaledit through the shared Hot Folder.
Manage your own Connection
Anyone uploading to globaledit.
- Anyone with a globaledit account can utilize globaledit desktop
- Manage your workflow in Finder on your local machine and have globaledit desktop execute the upload in the background
- Set your Hot Folder and globaledit Destinations
- As you copy and paste, drag and drop, or source from existing folder directories - globaledit desktop uploads content without logging into globaledit in your browser
- Retoucher - Downloads from globaledit, Retouches, Saves revised files to Local folder that is set as Hot Folder. Assets upload to globaledit.
- Asset Manager - Receives Hard Drive to copy to local server. Before copying to local destination, set that destination as Hot Folder. As content is being copied to local destination it is simultaneously being uploaded to globaledit destination.
- Freelance Photographer - Does batch export from office or home. Sets export destination as Hot Folder.