For example, rating an image "Select" would rate this image as "Select" for all users in all locations where this asset appears.
The exception to these global ratings are Flags. Flags are private (user-specific) and not viewable by other users.
Asset Ratings are a way to communicate asset value. They provide a systematic way to rate assets by quality.
Each team should clearly define what each rating means as personal interpretations can vary. That being said, the standard interpretations are as follows:
- Select - Usually indicates a primary selection. Mark select by clicking the Select button or by pressing S on your keyboard.
- Alt - Usually an alternative or secondary selection. Mark alt by clicking the Alt button or by pressing A on your keyboard.
- Approve - Usually a green-light for use. Assets may be approved through the library or through approval galleries. Mark approve by clicking the Approve button or by pressing Y on your keyboard.
- Kill - Usually an indication that the asset is Asset is killed by user. Assets may be killed through the library or through approval galleries. Mark kill by clicking the Kill button or by pressing X on your keyboard.
- Color Labels - Assign unique meaning to color labels to help you organize and make secondary ratings. Keyboard command SHIFT + 1-5 will assign color labels.
- Stars - Mark stars by clicking the star buttons or by pressing 0 - 5 on your keyboard.
- Flags - are private ratings only viewable by you - press F on your keyboard
- Finalize - an asset has reached its last phase of the workflow. To finalize an asset, go to Options > Finalize.
Once an asset has gone through a full workflow cycle, tag it as Finalize for confirmation.
Each team should clearly define what each star means as personal interpretations can vary.
Assets that were uploaded with "+" in the beginning of the filename prefix will reflect one star for each "+" that appears (for example, "+++image01.jpg" will import with three stars).
Mark stars by clicking the star buttons or by pressing 0 - 5 on your keyboard.
Flags are ratings that are visible only to you. Mark flags by clicking the flag icon in the upper right hand corner of an asset thumbnail or by pressing F on your keyboard.
Simply select the individual asset you'd like to assign a color label to. Once it is highlighted, click the Options gear on that asset and choose your label.
You can apply a color label to multiple assets at once. Highlight the assets you'd like to batch label. Use the Options drop-down menu on the top right corner of the asset preview panel and select the color label you want to assign.
When making your ratings with color labels, SHIFT + 0 - 5 will automatically assign a label.
- 1 = Red
- 2 = Yellow
- 3 = Green
- 4 = Blue
- 5 = Purple
Filtering by Color Labels
To filter your library by a single color label, select "All" and choose the color. To filter by several groups of color labels, use the "Any" condition and choose all the colors you'd like to filter by.
Ratings can be changed for single or multiple assets. To select multiple assets, press the CTRL/Command key and click each asset that you wish to add to your group selection. To select all assets, press CTRL/Command + A.
Managing Lightbox Permissions
Control the permissions you give when sharing a lightbox. You can select if you'd like a user to modify, view only or completely hide these ratings. To do this, select Custom within Ratings and Metadata and choose the level of permission necessary.
Remember that you can access a list of all the keyboard commands by clicking the button at the top of the asset preview panel.