globaledit reads all standard XMP metadata during ingestion. If you have created a custom metadata schema in globaledit and have XMP metadata entered in that schema, it will also be read during ingestion.
globaledit includes a robust metadata editor. To view and edit metadata, select the Metadata Editor from the library tools. Select a metadata schema from the drop down menu. Any metadata saved with the Metadata editor will be stamped on the asset when downloaded.
The Metadata Editor has several options:
- Undo Save - Undo the last metadata saved.
- Copy Current Record... - Select metadata fields to copy from current asset.
- Paste - Paste the data copied using the Copy Current Record command
- Show Last Update - Show the most recently updated fields, by who and when.
- Export metadata from current collection - see below
- Warn me about unsaved changes - Leaving the Metadata Editor without saving changes will prompt you to save your changes.
Metadata can be exported in .CSV format for a single asset or a group of assets. Select the asset(s) for which you would like to export metadata. Click options in the Metadata Editor and select Export metadata from current collection.