Make sure your latest version of Aspera Connect is up to date by going to the Aspera website.
Browser does not recognize Aspera
If you are experiencing extensive problems with Aspera, we suggest reaching out to their support team directly. Otherwise, please see below.
Unblocking the Aspera plug-in
When globaledit does not recognize aspera, your uploads and downloads may not initiate, a pop-up window may not occur, or the upload dialogue box will display this message at the bottom:
- NOTE: Chrome Plugins are no longer support as of Chrome version 57. Essentially the “plugin” is will be in an “enabled” state. The following instruction are for older versions of chrome.
- From the Chrome menu, click on Preferences/Settings
- Scroll down to Show advanced settings...
- Under Privacy, choose Content settings...
- Scroll down to Plugins or Plugin Access and click on Manage exceptions...
- Next to the Aspera Plugin in the list, make sure it says "Allow"
- NOTE: Firefox Plugins are no longer supported as of Firefox version 52. Essentially the “plugin” is will be in an “enabled” state. The following instruction are for older versions of Firefox.
- In the Firefox menu at the top of the page, click on Tools and go to Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- Under Plugins on the left, find the Aspera Web listing
- Make sure the drop-down menu to the right says Always Activate
- From the main Safari menu, click on Safari and go to Preferences
- Select the Website tab
- Find the Aspera Web Plug-in in the list on the left and ensure it’s checked
- In the right pane, next to app.globaledit.com, make sure the drop-down menu says On