globaledit Sync Troubleshooting
** NOTE: When updating to 2.0 from an older version, keep in mind that any existing syncs will be removed and need to be set up from scratch. We recommend finishing any existing syncs before updating to 2.0 to ensure that all assets get uploaded properly. Version 2.0 and future versions will auto-update and will not remove existing syncs. **
- Always ensure that you’re on the newest version of globaledit Sync. The newest version of Sync will have an orange and white icon, and will always be prompted to auto-update when a new version is released.
- Attachments cannot be uploaded by themselves; there must be source assets included in the sync.
- In order for attachments to upload properly, the folder structure for both the source assets and attachments must match exactly.
- You may see a discrepancy in the total asset count once a sync has started. As the sync progresses, the asset count should correct itself.
- Be mindful when dragging and dropping folders into the Asset or Attachment upload areas, and always double check that things look correct before starting a sync.
- While testing/learning potentials for the location you are at, run one singular Sync initially to understand the context.
- Avoid stopping and re-starting syncs to avoid potential problems (like uploading duplicate images, corrupted uploads, etc).
- If a sync has any sort of failure, you can send us the log files and the CSV report for troubleshooting.
- CSV report is located at the top right corner of the Activity page in GE Sync
- Log files can be found here on your machine:
- For Mac OS
- Copy and paste this directory: ~/Library/Logs/GlobaleditSync
- Open a Finder window, select Go -> Go to Folder, and paste the above directory into the dialogue box, hit enter
- A file called “main.log” should appear. This file can be copied and sent to us for troubleshooting purposes.
- Reach out to us and send us the log and the issue you're having here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At that point you should be able to quit globaledit Sync, and relaunch it.
- See if Sync picks up from where it left off, if they’re still receiving errors, send us an updated log file.
- The best way to send the log files to us is if they are zipped
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I delete a Sync, will my assets in globaledit also be deleted?
- Nope! Deleting a sync means that Sync can no longer detect new assets for upload in your source folder. The only way to delete assets in your library is to manually delete them.
- I'm seeing duplicate assets in my library but I selected Ignore Duplicates. What’s going on?
- “Ignore Duplicates” is referring to duplicates within the current Sync you are working with, but NOT duplicates that already exist in your library prior to this Sync
- “Duplicates” also refers to the file itself, rather than just the filename
- Each Sync session functions independently of others you create and does not detect duplicates in your library holistically. Duplicates will happen if a new Sync is created or the destination folder is changed without clearing your source folder of previously uploaded assets. If you'd like to upload new assets to a new destination folder, we recommend creating a new Sync using a new source folder as well.