globaledit Sync Best Practices
Optimizing your uploads with globaledit Sync
- Upload up to 5000 assets & attachments per Sync.
- Upload folder structures in Sync.
- Upload a variety of asset files including but not limited to: .JPG, .PNG, .PDF, .MOV
- Upload multiple sync uploads at one time.
- Can customize user preferences.
- Attachments need to be Synced in the same instance as the source files they are appending to
- Folder name and structure needs to match 1-to-1 in order for the Attachments to be uploaded correctly.
- The “uploaded x/x files....” readout is the total of both source assets and Attachments, but his number eventually goes down to match the source files.
Situations that could cause timeouts or errors
- Ensure that computer is set to stay awake for duration of Sync.
- Ensure that no files are being adjusted while Sync is processing.
- Ensure that both source and landing folders in GE are not being moved/adjusted/amended during a Sync.
- Ensure stable internet connection via Ethernet connection, Wi-Fi connections can break and lose connection.
- Up to 5000 assets can be uploaded via one sync, if over 5000 assets Sync will fail. It's best to split uploads of 5000+ assets into separate Sync uploads.
- Uploading into a current globaledit workspace folder already containing assets and exceeding 5000 assets total will fail Sync.
- Ensure that globaledit Sync is up to date - out of date versions could cause failure. Download the latest version.
Limitations with uploads in globaledit Sync
- One limit that is in place for Sync and browser upload:
- 512MB per asset upload limit
- Currently Sync cannot upload versions.
- Cannot be used for download - only upload.