Inviting a new user to your globaledit Organization is simple!
NOTE: Be sure to assign roles to your invited user(s) right away so they can access their assigned spaces when they log in for the first time.
Inviting a new user:
- Go to the Admin tab and from Users click Invite Users
- Select the User Type from the drop down menu - if you do not utilize Approval Galleries, the only option is Standard
- Input the new user's email, separated by a comma
- (Optional) Add an invite note. This will be included in their invitation email.
- Select Invite
- Confirm the details and recipients of your invitation by selecting Invite once more
- If something doesn’t look right, select Make Changes and return to steps 2-6.
A user will be listed as Invited in the User panel once the invitation has been sent and before they've accepted and completed the signup validation process.
- To the Right of the username, select Action -> Assignments from the dropdown menu
- Select the Role for each area of permissions you’d like to grant
- If you’re not sure what permissions are associated with each role, navigate to the Roles page on the left panel for reference. Read more about customizing Roles here.
- Click Save
Once the user has accepted the invitation and authenticated their account, their username will populate in the Active tab in the User panel.
*If you do not have the ability to execute this workflow, you might not have the Account Role permissions to do so. Check with your administrator or contact email@example.com
User didn’t receive the invitation. Now what?
The invitation might have gone to their spam or junk folder, was accidentally sent to the wrong email, or perhaps just got buried in their inbox.
You can always resend an invitation from the Action dropdown next to the invited user and selecting Resend Invitation. A new invitation will be sent to their email.
If the user still has not received the invitation after it’s been resent, double check the email associated with the invitation to ensure it's correct.
Sent to the wrong email? No problem. Select Cancel Invitation from the drop-down menu & send a new invite.
**If you’ve sent multiple invitations to the same user, please advise them to select the most recent invitation to begin the signup process.
Invitation Link Doesn’t Work:
It’s best to open the invitation link via Google Chrome.
Opening the invitation link in an app like iMail or Outlook can cause the link to break upon delivery due to built-in firewalls.
Speaking of firewalls- please ensure globaledit is whitelisted with your and the recipient's IT department. Firewalls can prevent users from opening the invitation link.
New User stuck on Settings page after sign-up:
This sometimes happens at the tail-end of a user signing up. If so, follow the below steps:
- Advise the user to close all globaledit tabs
- Click on the original invitation link used to signup
- The link will direct them to the login page
- Advise the user to login with their email and password they set up
User logs in but there are no Workspaces or Collections:
It’s most likely that the user has not been assigned to any Roles or Workspaces yet, or has not been shared any Collections.
Double-check their assignments in Admin->Users->Action-> Assignments to make sure they are assigned to Workspaces with a Role.
If they can't see a Collection, go to the Collection you'd like to share with them and open the Collection settings. Check to see if they're listed as a member. If not, share the Collection with them.