What is 2FA?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an industry standard layer of security used to ensure that your account remains safe and secure.
Globaledit offers 2 options for setting up 2FA for your account:
- SMS text message
- Authenticator App like Google Authenticator, Authy, or similar.
- Note: PingID is known to not be compatible with globaledit’s 2FA, so we do not recommend using this authenticator for globaledit.
Once 2FA is set up in your account, you’ll be able to login without a code unless you attempt to login on a different device.
Setting up 2FA:
When you first login to globaledit, you will be prompted to set up 2FA for your account.
Set up using SMS:
- Select your country code and input your phone number, then select Send code
- Enter 2FA code the SMS text message sent to your phone
- Select “Enable”
Set up using an authenticator app. We recommend Authy:
- Download and open the Authy app on your device and create a login
- Select Add Account
- Select Scan QR Code if the app is downloaded onto your phone
- Hover over the QR code on GE with your phone - Authy will automatically scan it once it’s identified
- Input the QR code into your app, if it's downloaded onto your computer, or if you cannot scan the QR code
- The app will confirm the account you’re adding to your keychain - click “Save”
- Enter the 2FA code generated by your app into GE
- Select “Enable”
You can adjust your 2FA settings at any time by selecting your profile avatar at the top right of the tool, then choose Settings from the dropdown, and then selecting the Security tab on the left of the screen.
NOTES ON 2FA:
- SMS authentication codes are valid for 3 minutes once initiated. After the 3 minutes are up, a new code must be requested.
- Authentication is valid for up to 30 days on each machine authenticated. Note that this will reset due to clearing of browser cache.