globaledit Sync Best Practices
- Attachments need to be Synced in the same instance as the source files they are appending to
- Folder name and structure needs to match 1-to-1 in order for the Attachments to be uploaded correctly.
- The “uploaded x/x files....” readout is the total of both source assets and Attachments, but his number eventually goes down to match the source files.
Situations that could cause timeouts or errors
- Ensure that computer is set to stay awake for duration of Sync.
- Ensure that no files are being adjusted while Sync is processing.
- Ensure that both source and landing folders in GE are not being moved/adjusted/amended during a Sync.
Optimizing your uploads with globaledit Sync
- Sync is best for bulk; here are the browser upload limitations. Using Sync will alleviate these:
- 1000 image per upload limit
- No folder/folder structure upload
- 3 concurrent upload limit
- 25GB per total upload limit
- One limit that is in place for Sync and browser upload:
- 512MB per asset upload limit
Currently Sync cannot upload versions, nor can it download.