- Always ensure that you’re using the newest version of globaledit Sync. The newest version of Sync will have an orange and white icon, and will always be prompted to auto-update when a new version is released. Download the latest version here.
- Attachments cannot be uploaded without an original source asset; there must be source assets included in the sync. If attachments need to be added after.
- When dragging and dropping folders into the Asset or Attachment areas make sure the source folder is not in the Attachment field. Always double check that source and destination folders are correct before saving/starting a sync as they cannot be changed during upload.
- In order for attachments to upload properly, the folder structure for both the source assets and attachments must match exactly.
- You may see a discrepancy in the total asset count once a sync has started. As the sync progresses and assets are process, the asset count will correct itself.
- When testing/learning potentials, run one Sync as a test to understand the context.
- Avoid deleting assets within synced folders while an upload is in progress. If you are exporting to a synced folder the files will be read and if a file is deleting prior to upload it will be read as corrupt which can cause the sync upload to stall. Please let all files upload, then delete any necessary files in globaledit after the sync has completed.
- Make sure your attachment folder is separate from the source folder to avoid the intended source assets being attached to source files creating a larger upload.
- Avoid stopping and re-starting syncs to avoid potential problems like uploading duplicate images, corrupted uploads, etc.
- Avoid letting the computer "sleep" when a Sync is loading, it will disrupt the upload and fail the upload.
- If on Wi-Fi internet connection and the sync is interrupted, the Sync could fail the upload. Ethernet connection is best for a stable connection for Sync.
- If you have skipped downloading a previous version of Sync and the upload fails, you may need to delete the Data Folder.
- For Mac OS:
- In the Finder - go to
- Then go down to
Go to Folder...
- Then type in this address:
- This will take you to the hidden folder in your finder
- Put the whole
Datafolder in the trash and
Empty the Trash
- If a sync results in any failures, you can send the log files and the CSV report to email@example.com for troubleshooting.
- CSV report is located at the top right corner of the Activity page in GE Sync
- Log files can be found here on your machine:
- For Mac OS
- Copy and paste this directory: ~/Library/Logs/GlobaleditSync
- Open a Finder window, select Go -> Go to Folder, and paste the above directory into the dialogue box, hit enter
- A file called “main.log” should appear. This file can be copied and sent to us for troubleshooting purposes.
- Send the log and a brief description of the issue you are having to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quit Sync and relaunch to see if Sync begins where it left off. If still receiving errors, send an updated log file
- Please zip the log files to send to globaledit for troubleshooting
Frequently Asked Questions
If I delete a Sync, will my assets in globaledit also be deleted?
- No! Deleting a sync means that Sync can no longer detect new assets for upload in your source folder. The only way to delete assets in your library is to manually delete them.
I'm seeing duplicate assets in my library but I selected Ignore Duplicates. What’s going on?
- Ignore Duplicates is referring to duplicates within the current Sync you are working with, NOT duplicates that already exist in your library prior to this Sync
- Duplicates also refers to the file itself, rather than only the filename
- Each Sync session functions independently of others you create and does not detect duplicates in your library holistically. Duplicates will be added if a new Sync is created or the destination folder is changed without clearing your source folder of previously uploaded assets. If you'd like to upload new assets to a new destination folder, we recommend creating a new Sync using a new source folder as well.
We're here for you!
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Phone: (888) 433-4801
Hours: Monday - Friday 9AM to 9PM Eastern Standard Time