Clearing browser cache and local storage within your browser will help the globaledit platform work with the optimal experience. Clearing browser cache and local storage regularly depending on internet or globaledit usage will help, between once a week to once a month is recommended.
- When to clear your Browser Cache
- 2 ways to clear the Chrome Browser Cache
- Clear Firefox Browser Cache
- Clear Safari Browser Cache
- Clearing Local Storage
When to clear your Browser Cache
When certain buttons or features are running slowly, or are not working at all, it may be time to clear your browser cache and refresh.
- Black screen
- New workspaces not populating in library despite having access to them
- Delayed or unresponsiveness
2 ways to clear the Chrome Browser Cache
- While active on the tab running globaledit - select the lock icon to the left of the URL
- select Site Settings
- Select Clear Data
- Select Clear
- Refresh the page
- Log back into globaledit
- At the top right of Chrome, click the 3 Action Dots then select More Tools.
- Click More tools then, select Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Check the boxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files
- Click Clear data.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Chrome, visit Chrome Support.
Clear Firefox Browser Cache
- In the Firefox menu bar, click the Firefox option.
- Select the Preferences link.
- Click the Privacy & Security tab.
- Under the History section, click the clear your recent history link.
- Select the Cache checkbox. You can select multiple checkboxes for other browser information to clear as well.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select Everything.
- Click the Clear Now button.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Firefox, visit Mozilla Support.
Clear Safari Browser Cache
- In the Safari menu bar, click the History tab.
- Select the Clear History link.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select all history.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Safari, visit Apple Support.
Clearing Local Storage
In rare instances where clearing cache does not fix the issue, you may need to clear your local storage.
- While active on your browser window running globaledit, head to the top menu > View > Developer > Developer Tools
- Select Application (you may need to select > to select Application from dropdown)
- Select Clear Data
We're here for you!
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Phone: (888) 433-4801
Hours: Monday - Friday 9AM to 9PM Eastern Standard Time