Globaledit Sync is a FTP-style application which can be used in conjunction with globaledit to facilitate efficient handling of large scale uploads. Seamlessly upload while on set. Assets can be reviewed globally in real time! Upload larger batches of assets without browser limitations. Recreate a folder structure in globaledit automatically. Designate a local hot folder to and transfer assets to globaledit in real time. Automatically upload additional assets without a separate upload. Run multiple syncs simultaneously to separate destinations in globaledit.
- Upload Walkthrough
- Activity Panel
- Settings Panel
- Ratings and Color Tags
- Best Practices
You will have access to the same library structure you have in globaledit.
Create a New Sync.
Name your Sync (this is for internal use only, it will not be used within globaledit)
- Click Asset Source to select the asset folder that your assets will be uploaded from.
If adding attachments, select the Attachment Source folder. (Attachments must have the same filename and folder structure when uploading)
Under Destination, browse to select an Account, then browse to select a workspace or create a new workspace by choosing the + symbol, then select a folder in the workspace or create a new folder in the workspace by choosing the + symbol, choose Select to select as destination to upload into.
Click Save to start the sync and begin your upload!
Progress & Sync Completion
Account specific direction
- Sync is directed to point to specific accounts or workspaces depending on account permissions.
Customization of File Import
- The ability to choose file types you would like to include or exclude from import per Sync.
- This enables you to export multiple file types to a hot folder and then just pick what you don’t want to import.
CSV Activity Export
- Export a report of the specific details regarding this Sync for metrics review, data & workflow management, and troubleshooting.
- Set scheduling for syncs depending on your schedule, either continuous or within dictated timeframes.
Sync Activity Notification
- Preferences for how often the Sync creator receives progress email notifications can be set to either NEVER, or on a continuous basis, based on hours/minutes
Auto update new releases
Beginning with version 2.0, Sync will prompt an update for new iterations of the tool with each login
- Check which version you are using in “About globaledit Sync”
- Include attachments to your upload alongside the source asset.
Ratings and Color Tags
- Star ratings and color tags made in external programs such as Capture 1, PhotoShop, Lightroom and Bridge will be retained upon upload.
- Be sure to check the Rating and Color Tag metadata checkbox in your Capture 1 process recipe to retain these ratings within globaledit.
- Color ratings in Adobe platforms such as Bridge or Lightroom have text associated with certain colors, i.e. Green means Approve. If you do not wish to retain these ratings in globaledit, please remove the color labels prior to upload. For information on removing the ratings after upload, please visit the Removing Label Ratings After Import page
Additional detail on optimizing your Sync use in globaledit Sync Best Practices
For detailed troubleshooting tips and notes, visit globaledit Sync Troubleshooting
We're here for you!
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Phone: (888) 433-4801
Hours: Monday - Friday 9AM to 9PM Eastern Standard Time