globaledit Sync Overview
Globaledit Sync is a FTP-style application that can be used in conjunction with globaledit to facilitate efficient handling of large scale transfers.
Sync can be used to alleviate limitations incurred by browser upload, as well as creating a hotfolder sync to transfer assets from a set location to globaledit in real time.
With globaledit Sync, users are able to upload assets to Workspaces as they are created, forgoing the need to wait until the end of your shoot. Pre-designating a destination folder allows uploads to process in the background and allows for upload of an entire folder structure.
Enhanced functionality gives users the advantage of customizing the file extensions imported, providing flexible content organization.
NEW FEATURES (version 2.0)
Auto update new releases
- Beginning with version 2.0, Sync will prompt an update for new iterations of the tool with each login
- Additionally, There is a “check for updates” option in the main menu
- ** NOTE: When updating to 2.0 from an older version, keep in mind that any existing syncs will be removed and need to be set up from scratch. We recommend finishing any existing syncs before updating to 2.0 to ensure that all assets get uploaded properly. Version 2.0 and future versions will auto-update and will not remove existing syncs. **
- You can now check which version you’re on in the “About globaledit Sync”, which will open a window and display the version.
- Additionally, the icon has changed from black & orange to white & orange, which can also identify the most up to date version
User login retention
- In our new version, you can quit and relaunch and it will keep you logged in.
- Now you are able to include attachments to your upload alongside the source asset.
- More detail in this article: globaledit Sync Best Practices
Account specific direction
- Sync is directed to point to specific accounts, for granular direction and control of the upload.
- This also alleviates time in that the upload is focused and not scouring the entirety of your organization
Customization of file import
- You have the ability to list file types you’d like to exclude from import per Sync.
- This enables you to export multiple file types to a hotfolder and then just pick what you don’t want to import.
- This feature is found under SETTINGS > RULES
CSV activity export
- Within GE Sync, you can export a report of the specific details regarding this Sync for metrics review, data/workflow management, and troubleshooting.
- You have the ability to set GE Sync to look for new assets to upload on a continuous basis or within dictated timeframes
- This feature is found under SETTINGS > SCHEDULING
Sync activity notification
- Preferences for how often they Sync creator receives progress email notifications can be set to either NEVER, or on a continuous basis, based on hours/minutes
- These can be set for either All Activity or just Warning notifications
- This feature is found under SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS